Friday, April 9, 2010

Symonds speaks out

Some interesting answers in this interview in The Telegraph. And we weren't referring to the 'rebel with a cause' quip.

Today, you aren’t playing for Australia... Why the negative headlines over the past few years?

Part of the reason is that I did silly things. But, also, I think the way people see professional sportspersons has changed.

Too much scrutiny?

Yeah... There aren’t many places where you can be left alone and, so, I generally don’t go out a great deal... The change in the rules of the game has probably worked to my detriment. You know, I like to have a good time and I like to enjoy myself, but there are (new) things you can do and things you can’t. For me, enjoying cricket holds more meaning than winning or losing. It would be difficult for someone like me to survive and enjoy life in this Australian team’s environment.

..............

Having been born in Birmingham, you could’ve played for England... Has there ever been a regret that you played for Australia?

(Almost interrupting) Never...
  • rss
  • Del.icio.us
  • Digg
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Share this on Technorati
  • Post this to Myspace
  • Share this on Blinklist
  • Submit this to DesignFloat

No comments:

Post a Comment